John M. Felice – President
Over 45 years of widespread experience in advising and assisting public and private employers in all facets of labor relations and human resources involving labor negotiations, arbitration, mediation, fact-finding, personnel administration, classification and pay, organizational analysis. He has successfully negotiated over 800 labor agreements with most of the largest international unions, has resolved over 2,000 grievance cases and assisted employers in major cases before the Pennsylvania and National Labor Relations Boards. Mr. Felice is a nationally recognized arbitrator, whose arbitration awards are published by the Bureau of National Affairs and the Commerce Clearing House, the two leading authorities on labor law in the U.S. Mr. Felice has conducted seminars and training programs on a wide variety of labor relations and human resources topics for senior level management including programs for the states of West Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Virginia, and Pennsylvania, as well as programs for the U.S. Civil Service Commission. He has acted as a consultant to the states of Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania concerning changes in their labor laws. Formerly, served as Assistant Professor of Labor Relations and Director of Labor Relations at Indiana University of Pennsylvania; Director of Labor Relations, Governor’s Office of Pennsylvania; Mediator, Pennsylvania Bureau of Mediation. Articles authored by Mr. Felice have appeared in various journals.
Mr. Felice built his firm with the vision of providing expertise to support the leadership of organizations in the public sector with sound advice and the resources necessary to make their organization more efficient and easier to manage.
In addition to his role as practitioner, Mr. Felice is also responsible for the overall operation of the firm, including the development of policies to insure strategic direction, quality of services, and supervision of the work of professional, para-professional, technical, and administrative personnel in the delivery of services and the disposition of client matters.
Widespread Training Experience
Mr. Felice has conducted a significant number of training programs throughout the U.S. on a wide variety of HR and labor relations topics.
- “Implications of the Recent Supreme Court Decision Affecting Policemen-Firemen Under Pennsylvania’s Compulsory Arbitration Act,” Pennsylvania School Boards Legal Journal
- “The Arbitration Hearing: Procedures for Success,” Horizons for Modern Government, vol. xix
- “The Impact of the Fair Labor Standards Act on Non-Profit Agencies,” PDACA News
- “Judicial Assault on Employment-at-Will,” PDACA News
- “Employee Defamation Suits: The New Threat,” PDACA News
- B.A., Labor Economics, University of Pittsburgh, Dean’s List Scholar
- M.A., Labor and Industrial Relations, Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations, University of Illinois
- Research Assistant to Dr. Milton Derber, Professor, Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations, University of Illinois; also, Vice Chairman of Governor Kerner’s Commission on Public Employer/Employee Relations, State of Illinois (1969)